ABOUT THE INSTITUTION
Easwari Engineering College (EEC), is one of the
Autonomous Engineering College in the state of Tamil Nadu, functioning under the aegis of ‘Valliammai Society’.
The society was founded in the year 1975, for promoting the cause of Quality Education by Dr.T.R.Paarivendar, an
Academician and Educationalist. Easwari Engineering College an Autonomous institution is a unit of the SRM Group
of Institutions located at Bharathi Salai, Ramapuram, Chennai-600089. EEC was instituted in the academic year
1996-1997 with the Approval of Government of Tamil Nadu and AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Anna University,
Chennai since 2002.
To accomplish and maintain international eminence and become a
model institution for
higher learning through dedicated development of minds, advancement of knowledge and professional application of
skills to meet the global demands.
•Easwari Engineering College strives to set
high standards of
comprehensive education by developing the intellectual strength of students and guiding them towards technical
•Synergise the efforts of various departments, inspire creativity and
foster excellence and innovation in teaching and learning so as to realise our vision as a Premier Engineering
•Organise a pluralistic and supportive environment that will stimulate
scholars, students and staff of the
highest calibre and contribute immensely to the process of Nation building through partnership with Community
•Nurture the development of mind, skill, attitude and core competence of
•Attain leadership in planning and
resource management so as to
improve the quality and accessibility of technical education.
•Produce graduates of
distinction, committed to
integrity, professionalism and lifelong learning by widening their knowledge horizons in range and depth.
•Enable students shine in their academic
pursuits, making them
sensitive to the needs of the progressive industrial world.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
• The Department of Electrical and Electronics
Engineering offers B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, M.E in Embedded systems Technologies and
• The Department is recognized as a Research Centre for Ph.D./M.S. (by research) by Anna University,
• The Research work is being carried out in the areas like Power Electronics, High Voltage Engineering,
Materials Science, Deregulated Power System, Power Quality, Role of Artificial intelligence and IOT in
Electrical Engineering, Special Electrical Machines, FACTS Devices, E-mobility and Wireless Networks.
• The Department is well equipped with High Voltage Laboratory and has state-of-the-art equipment that can be
used in the testing of materials and the study of different HV phenomena.
• The Department has signed MOU with core industries and research labs for providing consultancy services to the
• The Department has a Centre of excellence in Renewable Energy Research (CRER).
• The Department has the following Clubs: Electronics Hobby Club, Energy Club, Free and Open Source Software
Club, Green Energy Club, Journal Club.
To produce graduates with foundation in electrical and electronics
can cater to the dynamic needs of the industry and to provide a diverse and stimulating environment for quality
•To align the teaching learning process
and to provide
basic foundation for the students to adapt to the changing industrial needs.
•To enrich with the latest developments through seminars, guest lectures, workshop
and paper presentations.
•To awake young minds to acquire knowledge continuously and learn to apply it.
•To attain multidisciplinary problem solving skills, social awareness and confidence
required to excel in their chosen field.
•To develop professional competency and technical
individually and through team effort thereby exhibit leadership in industry.
research oriented mindset and focus in fulfilling
growing demands of society through mentoring and motivation.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Today's world is confronted with energy crisis due to depletion of
non-conventional energy sources. The use of fossil fuel in conventional Power System grid results in higher carbon emission with
catastrophic failure of network. Our moto is to educate inspire and motivate young engineers to create a sustainable world for the
future. This International conference aims at providing a great platform to discuss the challenges and opportunities in Renewable
energy, smart systems and E-mobility. This Conference aims to bring together researchers, industry experts, scientists, educators,
policy makers and all other related parties to exchange knowledge, experience and discuss current issues, recent developments,standards,
techniques, challenges, theories and good practices in Engineering and Technology. ICCORSE- 2020 invites original contributions on
all topics related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering, including, but not limited to:
• Challenges and Opportunities in Renewable Energy Sources.
• Grid integration of renewable Energy Sources.
• Smart Grid, Micro Grid and Hybrid power system.
• Power Quality Issues and its improvements.
• Sensors and E-Mobility.
• Power system Optimization and Computing methods.
• Energy Conversion and management, Energy Efficiency and Storage.
• Battery Management System.
• Advancements in power Electronics.
• Intelligent Controller.
• Application of IOT in Power and Energy Sector.
• Electronics and Control Engineering.
• Cyber Security in Electrical applications.
• Artificial intelligence and Machine learning in Electrical Engineering.
• Application of Cloud Computing in the Electrical field.
• Application of Data mining in Energy and Power sector.
• Optimization techniques.
• Process control and Automation.
• Smart building.
• Network system and Security.
• High Voltage Engineering.
• Materials Science.